Monday, July 31, 2006

First day success



Loads of hard work, long hours and important contributions have gone into structuring this project, and despite the nervousness and anxiety I think we all felt this morning, I think that that focus and dedication was clearly demonstrated today.

Each and every member of the team did a really fantastic job working together and finding the perfect time and place to make their own contributions, additions and suggestions to make the day clear, educational and most importantly fun!

I, for one, was amazed at how well things went. I was very nervous and certainly a bit skeptical about how things would go on our first day here and I was so pleased with the effort that came from the team, the participation from the youth and the comments and contributions that were made by everyone.

I remember my first time here in Nairobi I had such a great time, and I knew I wanted to come back because there was so much passion, interest and enthusiasm in everyone I met. I had largely forgotten about how that great attitude and outlook on life made me feel - how inspiring, fulfilling and refreshing it was. It all came rushing back to me today working with those youth in Kiberia. They were great and I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

PS. Good job Josie and Eiston you did a wonderful job leading the first workshop today!


Posted by Sarah Malleson

No comments:

Post a Comment