Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I still remember Patrick's words as he spoke loud and clearly on the podium during the graduation day. "I have a dream that in 10 years' time Kibera will see no trace of poverty. It will stand for prosperity, happiness, and orderliness. God has a place for me here and I will do as he guides me....." The moment he said these words I knew it was not just some random words he scribbled on paper last minute for the sake of presentation. I knew it was from the bottom of his heart and believed with no doubt that he will be a catalyst for that change.


I cannot begin to describe how privileged I feel to have been a part of these students' lives in the past three weeks. Most students in my site at St. Alosius, Kibera, were in 19-23 age group and they are orphans from hiv/aid inflicted parents. I worked with 30 students at a site in Kibera

No comments:

Post a Comment