Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sauder Africa at the SLC!


Hello! My name is Stephanie and I am a member of the 2012 Sauder Africa Initiative travelling team.  Saturday, January 14th 2012 was a very exciting day for Martina and myself as we were selected to present as one of the highlighted projects at the well-known Student Leadership Conference at UBC. 

The conference is known to be one of the biggest conferences and so we were definitely very grateful for being selected.  I’ll admit that I was definitely nervous however; Martina’s confident vibe influenced me and calmed me down.  As expected, the presentation ran smoothly. 

Personally, I was always very passionate about social entrepreneurship and thus was involved with Sauder Africa Initiative.  I was surprised that the delegates at the conference were very interested in our project and asked very meaningful questions.  It was very encouraging and motivating to see how much interest we were able to spark about our project and that we are spreading the word out about who we are and what we do.  Many of the participants were deeply inspired by our mission to uplift the lives of African youth and their communities through sustainable entrepreneurship.

Overall it was a great experience and was definitely worth all the time and effort put into it!  If you’re interested in seeing the SLC highlighted project teaser video for the Sauder Africa Initiative, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment