Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A View From Above

What's it like to be the professor leading the students you are meeting here? My job has been to support the students AND stay out of the way. A week from now I'll be in Nairobi, trying to get things organized on the ground. They'll join me several days later. I think we're all filled with anxiety and excitement.

I couldn't ask for a better group of students to work with, as we set out to figure out how we can help others and share knowledge, while learning from others. The sense of excitement, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurship in putting this all together has been inspirational. We are all probably wondering in our own different ways whether we've prepared enough, whether we're ready, whether we'll really make a difference. We'll only know that once we're in Nairobi and can meet the people we'll be working with.

I went to Africa for the first time last year, and even before I left I said I'd be back in two years. I thank the students for making it happen in just one year. I'm looking forward to our adventure.


Posted by Nancy Langton

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to all of you! I look forward to reading of your activities.

    ReplyDelete