Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're Here!

Eiston and I are finally here, after two whole days of plane ride and airport layovers. It's indeed very tiring. Dubai was extremely hot and the air conditioning on a transfer flight did not work until we were up in the air, and I felt quite sick for a while. But I'm all good and energetic now.

The Guesthouse we are staying is clean and tidy, although it is nothing luxurious, people here are very nice.

The weather is very chilly. I miss the Vancouver sun. Now, I wished I was not so lazy and would have brought a sweater.

Eiston, Nancy and I are going to meet with some students from the University of Nairobi and tour downtown a little bit. The city is not as bad as I had imagined - we'll be safe as long as we are on our guard.

Update more later.


Posted by Josephine Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment